Breakfast: the most important meal. People often think that skipping meals, it is much easier and faster to be able to lose the extra pounds. In fact, the opposite happens, in fact, when one is fasting for too many hours, the metabolism is lowered and the body is more difficult to burn caloriei. The effect, therefore, is often the opposite of that intended, because the slowing of metabolism produces a gradual weight gain. This mechanism is particularly evident when you skip the first meal of the day.
The lack of a breakfast due to increased levels of cholesterol and a decrease of insulin, the hormone that regulates sugar levels in the blood. Moreover, those who skip breakfast in the morning, have a tendency to take during a day food much more calories and fat, the metabolism, unaccustomed to work properly, no longer able to dispose of and burn completely as it should, thus facilitating the ' weight gain.
That's why not skip it:
1. Upon awakening the body needs to be supplied with energy and water to replenish the reserves, after an overnight fast.
2. If the body does not receive supplies will be forced to save resources and reduce its metabolic efficiency at the expense of the line.
3. The first meal of the day provides nutrients that the body can not do without: essential amino acids, essential fatty acids, minerals such as calcium and iron, B vitamins, vitamin C and water.
4. Very important is the role of carbohydrates, simple and complex, supplied by cookies, cereals, toast, fruit. Supply the body with glucose, ie energy ready to use, up to lunch and also improve intellectual performance, because it nourishes the brain and encourage concentration.
5. Moreover, the fibers contained in fruits and grains, determine the gradual release of glucose, all to the advantage of controlling hunger.
The choice of breakfast depends on many factors: if, for example, during the day takes place a sport, or if you for lunch just a snack, or even if you are on a diet.
For those who want to stay on the line:
breakfast for those on a diet, should provide about 300 calories and breaks down as follows: coffee or tea, a cup of low-fat milk or 2 cups of yogurt, a teaspoon of sugar or honey; 4-5 biscuits whole or 4 slices bread or 30 g of cereal flakes, fruit or fruit juice without sugar.
For those who perform physical activity:
it is a 500-calorie breakfast perfect for those who perform physical activity or imagine it during the day. Includes a glass of milk or a yogurt, 40 g of dry biscuits or rusks, a teaspoon of sugar or honey, 30g of toast with 2 slices of ham or an egg, a bowl of fruit salad.
For those who eat little at lunch:
is given to those who dine quickly, which provides about 300-400 calories breakfast: coffee or tea, 2 cups of yogurt or a cup of low-fat milk with 50 grams of toast or 30 grams of cereal. 2 teaspoons honey or jam and 150 grams of fresh fruit.